Transitioning students from military life to civilian life.
Welcome to the University of Memphis Veterans Resource Center web site!
The University of Memphis Veteran Resource Center assists veterans, service members and their families with the transition from a military environment into a positive academic community in pursuit of professional and personal development by connecting students to expert support services and tools to enhance academic and professional success.
Please donate to the VMSS and show your support!
Veterans Educational Benefits and Certification
Located within the Registrar's Office (003 Wilder Tower), the Veterans Educational Benefits and Certification unit helps veterans, their spouses, and their dependents in taking full advantage of the educational benefits available to them from the Federal and Tennessee governments while attending the University of Memphis.
Counselors are available to answer any Veterans-related questions you may have and, especially, to help you:
- Navigate the enrollment process and its procedures.
- Take advantage of the benefit programs that are available and right for you.
- Understand how VA and UofM academic regulations affect your eligibility, particularly those regulations pertaining to enrollment (adds, drops, withdrawal, etc.).
- Fulfill your responsibilities with regard to maintaining benefits eligibility, especially initial certification and annual re-certification.
- Earn credit for prior education and training.
Once admitted to the University, you will have access to the Veterans portal page. In addition to providing you with links to current messages and news items of interest, the Veterans portal page allows you to conduct your Veterans-related University business, such as recertification, securely.
To gain access to the Veterans portal page, login to the myMemphis portal, click More on the menu bar at the top of the screen, then select Veterans from the drop-down list: