AMUM's grand re-opening is August 18th with the exhibition "Stopping in Memphis" curated by Dwayne Butcher. Visit event page
AMUM is now closed to the public for summer RENOVATIONS. the museum will reopen early fall.
Thank you for your ongoing interest!
Welcome to the Art Museum
Come visit AMUM! It's always free. Bring yourself for a quiet stroll through the galleries; come with family and friends, or book a guided tour for your organization What will you find?
• Mummies, statues, jewels, tools, among hundreds of fascinating objects in our ancient Egyptian gallery,
• Masks, warriors, ceremonial objects, and ornaments in our African gallery
• Prints and drawings and other works in our 20th and 21st century collections,
• Exhibitions by visiting artists, often with UofM and community collaborators,
• Experimental art installations in ArtLab.
Every day is a good day to visit AMUM, but Saturdays are especially pleasant, because the beautiful UofM campus is calm and parking in the Central lot is free.