Ancient Egyptian Family Day is on Saturday, February 25th, 10am-2pm this year (2017)! More Here
The Exhibits are on view February 3rd thru March 11th at AMUM and February 3rd thru April 26th at the McWherter Library.
Thanks to all who came out to help celebrate the 34th Annual juried Student Exhibition at AMUM and the concurring exhibition at The Ned McWherter Library, as well as to The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art. Last but not least, many thanks to our students, faculty, and staff at The University of Memphis who come together to make all this possible! Cheers to our 34th and to many more to come... more here
- University of Memphis Graduate School Graduate Purchase Award, Desmond Lewis
- Art Department Undergraduate Prize, Natalie Eddings
- Merchandise Certificates, provided by Art Center Supply Stores Inc., Cameron Mallory
- Merchandise Certificates, provided by Art Center Supply Stores Inc., Le Marquee La Flora
- ArtLab Installation Award, provided by Friends of the Art Museum, Alex Burden & Ellen Dempsey
- Art Department Graduate Prize, Juan Rojo
- Membership Prize, courtesy of The Metal Museum, Denise Wakeman
- Membership Prize, courtesy of Dixon Gallery & Gardens, Richard L. Harper
- Membership Prize, Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, Machal Wright
- University of Memphis President's Purchase Award, Laura J Lawson
Welcome to the Art Museum
Come visit AMUM! It's always free. Bring yourself for a quiet stroll through the galleries; come with family and friends, or book a guided tour for your organization What will you find?
• Mummies, statues, jewels, tools, among hundreds of fascinating objects in our ancient Egyptian gallery,
• Masks, warriors, ceremonial objects, and ornaments in our African gallery
• Prints and drawings and other works in our 20th and 21st century collections,
• Exhibitions by visiting artists, often with UofM and community collaborators,
• Experimental art installations in ArtLab.
Every day is a good day to visit AMUM, but Saturdays are especially pleasant, because the beautiful UofM campus is calm and parking in the Central lot is free.
Open to page 18 and read!