Welcome to the Art Museum
Check out what will happen this spring at AMUM in do it, which is led in Memphis by Hamlett Dobbins and in Jackson, TN by Lendon Noe! Learn more here
|Dr. Schneider is Professor of Egyptology and Near Eastern Studies at the University of British Columbia, who has published widely on Egyptian interconnections with the Levant and Near East, among many other topics. He is currently completing a monograph on the history of Egyptology in Nazi Germany. Professor Schneider will be speaking on the reception of Egyptology under the Third Reich, as an example of how tenets of academic and professional integrity might succumb to political pressure.|
|For more information, visit the IEAA web site at http://www.memphis.edu/egypt/events/index.php or contact the IEAA at (901) 678-2225.|
Special Alert: AMUM is now closed as of today (September 19th at 5pm) to undergo important HVAC work that will ultimately enhance the protection of our artifacts and art objects, over which our Museum is guardian. We will reopen Spring 2016 at a precise date to be released.
Come visit AMUM! It's always free. Bring yourself for a quiet stroll through the galleries; come with family and friends, or book a guided tour for your organization What will you find?
• Mummies, statues, jewels, tools, among hundreds of fascinating objects in our ancient Egyptian gallery,
• Masks, warriors, ceremonial objects, and ornaments in our African gallery
• Prints and drawings and other works in our 20th and 21st century collections,
• Exhibitions by visiting artists, often with UofM and community collaborators,
• Experimental art installations in ArtLab.
Every day is a good day to visit AMUM, but Saturdays are especially pleasant, because the beautiful UofM campus is calm and parking in the Central lot is free.