Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.)
Master of Arts (M.A.) in Speech-Language Pathology
The professional degree programs (AuD and MA) in the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders use a centralized application known as the Communication Sciences & Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS). Students applying for the Fall 2018 entering class should apply online using the CSDCAS application. CSDCAS is a common application that is specific to Communication Sciences and Disorders. All applications will be reviewed only through CSDCAS.
Applications for the professional degree programs (AuD and MA) must be completed and verified by CSDCAS by February 1, 2018. A verified application means that it has been e-submitted, payment has been received, and ALL documentation (official transcripts, official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and your personal statement) has been received. We recommend that you e-submit your application at least four weeks in advance of the February 1st deadline to ensure the application is verified on time.
Please note that official GRE scores must be sent directly to CSDCAS from ETS using Code 1756. Please do not send your scores to the University of Memphis.
International students are required to take the GRE and the TOEFL or IELTS and submit official scores for both with their applications. All international students MUST have an external organization evaluate their transcripts (e.g., WES – World Education Services) at the time they apply and have those results sent directly to CSDCAS.
Once admitted, international students are required to submit a health certificate from a U.S. based physician or health service certifying that they are free from tuberculosis. They must also have health insurance. In order to qualify for an F-1 visa, applicants should submit an affidavit of support and a financial statement that demonstrate that no financial support, aside from an assistantship, will be required for the applicant and his/her dependents to reside in the U.S.
The University can enroll non-immigrant alien students on the F-1 visa. All international applicants must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.
It is the student's responsibility to monitor the status of the CSDCAS application and ensure that all materials are received and verified by the deadline. An incomplete application cannot be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
CSDCAS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read through all instructions below before beginning your CSDCAS application.
You are also encouraged to refer to the CSDCAS FAQs.
- Complete the CSDCAS Application. The CSDCAS portal opens on August 2, 2017; you can access the CSDCAS portal here.
- Transcripts: Submit OFFICIAL transcripts from ALL universities you have attended to the CSDCAS portal. Your transcripts should include grades from the Fall semester of your senior year. You will be prompted to download a form that requests official transcripts from each college or university you have attended. You will also be prompted to enter individual classes you have taken on the CSDCAS portal. Both steps need to be completed. Your transcripts must include grades from the Fall semester of your senior year.
- GRE Scores: Submit OFFICIAL GRE scores to the CSDCAS portal using the CSDCAS program code 1756. Do not send GRE scores directly to the University of Memphis.
- Letters of Recommendation:
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation from faculty or other individuals who can provide information regarding your potential for graduate study and clinical work. It is important that you select your letter writers carefully and insure that they can speak to your qualities as a student and future clinician.
- You will be prompted by the CSDCAS portal to enter the names and email addresses of individuals who will write your recommendation letters. This will generate an email to those individuals who will upload their letters directly to CSDCAS. It is your responsibility to follow up with these individuals to ensure their letters are uploaded by the deadline. Letters of Recommendation are listed as "Evaluations" in the “Supporting Information” section of CSDCAS.
- Personal Statement:
- All applicants should provide a one page written personal statement. This statement gives you an opportunity to present yourself to us and share information about who you are, why you are interested in the profession, and why you are interested in our program specifically. To help us get to know you better, you may want to tell us about an experience or event that had a significant impact on you, or a specific commitment or goal that reflects who you are as a person.
- Any unusual aspects of your academic history should be explained in this statement as well.
- The personal statement is uploaded under “Documents.”
- Begin uploading documentation to your CSDCAS application early!
- All of your documentation must be received and verified no later than February 1, 2018. A verified application means that it has been e-submitted, payment has been received, and ALL documentation (official transcripts, official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and your personal statement) has been received. Keep in mind that your application does not get in the queue for verification until payment is received.
- Although our deadline of receipt and verification of your application is Feb 1, 2018, we recommend that you e-submit your application at least four weeks in advance of the February 1st deadline to allow time for verification.
- Regularly check your CSDCAS portal to monitor your application and the receipt of ALL supporting documents. To increase the likelihood that your application will be completed in time for review, please see our Suggestions page.
It is the student’s responsibility to monitor the status of the CSDCAS application and ensure that all materials are received and verified by the deadline. An incomplete application cannot be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Checklist for Your CSDCAS Application:
- Review all of the instructions on the CSDCAS site before completing your application.
- Begin requesting transcripts, GRE scores, and letters of recommendation to be submitted directly to CSDCAS no later than October1.
- The University of Memphis CSDCAS program code is 1756. DO NOT send GRE scores directly to the UofM.
- Upload your personal statement.
- Submit your completed CSDCAS application four weeks before February 1, 2018, so that CSDCAS has time to verify your documents.
- Regularly check your CSDCAS portal to monitor your application and the receipt of all supporting documents.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MONITOR THE PORTAL AND INSURE THAT NO DOCUMENTS ARE MISSING.
CSDCAS Customer Service
CSDCAS Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST
All official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS at the address below:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
For General Questions Regarding our Academic Programs or the Application Process, Contact us at:
To Verify the Status of Your Application for the Program, Please Contact:
Frances Breland or Dr. Lisa Lucks Mendel at 678-5800, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Specific Questions Regarding our Academic Programs Please Contact:
Master of Arts (M.A.) in Speech-Language Pathology Degree Program
Eugene Buder, Ph.D.
(e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 901.678.5800)
Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) Degree Program
Lisa Lucks Mendel, Ph.D., Coordinator of Admissions
(e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 901.678.5800)