Health and Sport Sciences - College of Education, Health and Human Sciences Health and Sport Sciences College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
University of Memphis Photo

Helpful Links

Graduate Admissions in Health and Sport Sciences

The first 3 items should be sent to the following address:

Office of Graduate School Admissions
The University of Memphis
101 Wilder Tower
Memphis, TN 38152-6627

  • University Application

    • How To Apply - Read Admissions tips on applying
    • Apply Online - Select Graduate Applicants
    • You will need to know your major and concentration to fill out the form

      Major Concentration
      Health and Sport Science* Environmental Nutrition
      Exercise and Sport Science
      Health Promotion
      Nutrition Science
      Physical Education Teacher Education
      Sport and Leisure Commerce
      Clinical Nutrition None
      * Human Movement Science before Fall 2009

  • Transcripts

    Request official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended be sent to Graduate School Admissions.NOTE: University of Memphis graduates simply need to submit a copy of their University of Memphis undergraduate transcript to the Academic Services Coordinator (106 Fieldhouse).

  • Test Scores

    Request that official test scores (GRE, or GMAT; TOEFL for international students) be sent to University of Memphis Graduate School Admissions.
    • Applicants who are interested in the Sport Commerce concentration are not required to submit GRE test scores; however, the GRE will be used to support the application if received.

The next items should be sent to the following address:

Graduate Coordinator
Department of Health and Sport Sciences
The University of Memphis
106 Elma Roane Fieldhouse
Memphis, TN 38152-6627

  • A completed HSS Graduate Admission Form (which includes a Graduate Assistantship Application)

  • Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a former professor who can address the candidate's academic performance.

  • Only University of Memphis graduates should submit a copy of undergraduate transcript directly to the Graduate Coordinator.

  • International Students - You must register for the international credit evaluation through

NOTE: Once all materials are received by the Graduate School and by the HSS Graduate Coordinator, HSS faculty members within the respective program of study will review the completed application file and contact the candidate.

Students interested in the graduate program in Clinical Nutrition should follow the admission guidelines outlined here.

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 4/1/15