Admission & Advising
All students interested in declaring their major in a School of Health Studies program should set up an appointment with one of the Academic Service Coordinators by calling the main office at 901-678-4316 or emailing your advisor. Students with last names A-L, please email Ms. Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students with last names M-Z, please email Ms. Johnson at email@example.com. Students will need to follow the appropriate link above for specific admission instructions. The SHS advisors will:
- Help all students through the admission process
- Advise all SHS undergraduate student majors
- Assign all SHS graduate students to a faculty advisor
- Assist with web registration and scheduling issues
- Explain the academic policies and regulations
As a student, it is important that you play an active role in your advising, to ensure that you remain on track with your degree program schedule and to maximize the time that you have with your SHS advisor. For optimal success you must:
- Know your advisor:
- Ms. Walker is primary advisor for students with last names starting with A – L
- Mrs. Johnson is primary advisor for students with last names starting with M – Z
- Accept responsibility for academic choices.
- Know basic university, college, and departmental graduation requirements for your chosen major and concentration well enough to plan your own progress toward degree completion.
- Keep current on academic policies, procedures, and requirements by reviewing the current Undergraduate Bulletin, Schedule of Classes, and degree plans.
- Maintain personal copies of your tentative degree plan, progress reports, and transfer credit evaluations until the official graduation application is processed.
- Take the above materials to each advising conference.
- Develop social, academic, and career goals and examine how these goals will affect your life and the lives of persons important to you.
- See your advisor at least once a semester to plan your schedule of coursework, and to seek further help as needed.
For detailed information pertaining to academic advising, please see the menu to the left.