ML - An Award Winning Magazine:
- 2015 ML Issue #3 - Second Place in Southeastern Regional Category of Print and Digital Publications for Higher Education Publications
ADDY's (American Advertising Federation – Memphis, Awards):
2017 ML Issue #8
- GOLD – Best Publication Design/Magazine Design
- Integrated Branded Content Campaign
- Illustration Series
- Augmented Reality
2016 ML Issue #3
- GOLD - Best Publication Cover (Collateral Materials) (Sales & Marketing Category)
- GOLD – Elements of Advertising, Illustrations
- Three GOLD Awards for single illustrations
- One GOLD Award for illustration (series)
2015 ML Issue #2
- Three ADDY awards for Best Illustration and Illustrations in a Series
In this issue, we look at an issue at the heart of Memphis: Music.
Our feature article, "Crossroads," details the intersection of music & the law, with an in-depth look at how the future of the music industry is changing before our eyes, both in Memphis and across the country. Streaming has changed the music industry in once unimaginable ways, with intellectual property (IP), licensing, copyright, and technology all leading the way to the future. We'll look at these issues, as well as various pieces of pending legislation, and how several Memphians are attempting to carve out a new path for Memphis in this new music industry landscape using IP and technology as their tools.
But the music doesn't stop there! In a city like Memphis, it should come as no surprise that many of our Memphis Law alumni are also extremely talented musicians. From judges to practicing associate attorneys, and from trumpets to pianos, the range is as diverse and entertaining as you'd expect it to be in this city built on music and soul. We took some of our top alumni performers for a photo-session and interview at legendary Ardent Studios. We hope you'll enjoy the result, and if you see any of these Memphis Law alum around town, whether in the courtroom or on stage, we hope you'll appreciate their love of music AND the law.
All of this and MUCH MORE is ready for your reading pleasure in this issue!
Feel free to send us class notes and updates about your accomplishments. Please include your class year and a high-res head shot, if possible.
To request a hard copy, please email us and we will send you a copy as long as extras are available.
Ryan Jones - Executive editor
University of Memphis
Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
1 North Front St.
Memphis, TN 38103