Credit by Exam
Enrolled/admitted students (undergraduate or graduate) may apply to take an examination to earn college credit, provided they are enrolled in a degree program (full-time or part-time).
Note to Graduate Students: The following instructions also apply to Course Validation.
Credit by Exam Requests
- Submit your requests for Credit by Exam and Course Validation online for review and
- Apply for credit by exam in as many courses as you wish, but be aware that each application is subject to the review and approval process.
Requirements and Restrictions
- Continuing Graduate students must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA. Newly admitted
Graduate students are also eligible for credit by exam.
- Continuing Undergraduate students must have a 2.0 GPA (combined college level and
remedial/developmental courses GPA). Newly admitted Undergraduate students are also
eligible for credit by exam.
- Students must be in good academic standing to access the Credit by Exam/Course Validation
- Credit by examination cannot be earned for courses that have already been taken for credit.