Tiger Scholarship Fund
Our student-athletes are achieving unprecedented success in the classroom and also in their respective fields of play. Teams earned a 3.066 department-wide GPA for the spring of 2015, which was the highest cumulative department GPA since the fall of 2011! As a department, we have now graduated 170 student-athletes with bachelor's degrees since August 2013. In addition to their success in the classroom, our coaches and student-athletes stay committed to giving back their time and service to our greater Memphis community. For the fifth year in a row, Memphis Tiger student-athletes have had 100% participation in community outreach and engagement with more than 800 community service hours annually.
The Tiger Scholarship Fund continues to be our largest support vehicle in providing academic support and scholarships to our student-athletes. Additional accomplishments from Fall 2019:
On the Field:
- Women's Soccer American Athletic Conference Champions
- Football American Athletic Conference Champions
- Football Cotton Bowl Appearance
Off the Field:
- 3.17 Department GPA
- 13th consecutive semester with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- 14 of 17 teams earned a cumulative GPA above 3.0
- Top Team GPAs: Men's Golf (3.48) & Women's Soccer (3.72)
- GPA Records Set & All-Time Highs:
- Men's Basketball: 3.02
- Freshmen: 3.42
- 63% of Student Athletes earned a 3.0 or higher GPA (259 total)
- 50 earned a 4.0 GPA
- 39% were named to Dean's List (3.5 or higher GPA)
- 19 Fall Graduates
- 11 unique majors
- 3 Summa Cum Laude grads
- 3 Magna Cum Laude grads
- 3 Cum Laude grads
These achievements would be impossible without your generous gift. We hope you will continue to support and assist us in reaching new heights!
Make a donation today and support Tiger Athletics through the Tiger Scholarship Fund.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 901.678.2334.