How to Apply for a Study Abroad Program
Students should meet with a study abroad advisor to discuss their program choice.
At this meeting, the study abroad advisor will go over the UofM online application,
discuss scholarship applications, and any additional applications needed for the specific
program the student is applying to. Please go here to schedule an appointment with a study abroad advisor.
How to Apply for a University of Memphis Study Abroad Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements to submit an application for the UofM Study Abroad Scholarship:
- Enrolled at the UofM at the time of application
- Completed one semester prior to the time of application
- 2.75 GPA - Please note that applicants whose GPA falls below the GPA requirement can still submit an application
- Completed 6 credit hours at the University of Memphis
- Be in "Good Standing"
To start an application for the UofM Study Abroad Scholarship please do the following:
- Visit memphis.edu/abroad/funding/scholarships.php
- Click on "University of Memphis Study Abroad Scholarship"
- Select the scholarship you are applying for: Undergraduate/Graduate and Term (Summer/Fall/Spring/Academic Year/Spring Break)
- Click "Apply Now" and log-in with your UofM User ID and password to begin your application.
After you start an online scholarship application you must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Academic Advisor Approval (Submitted Electronically)
- Recommendation from a UofM Instructor/Professor (Submitted Electronically)
- Unofficial Transcript (Submitted Electronically)
- Statement of Purpose (Submitted Electronically)