Support and Development of International Programs

The Study Abroad Office welcomes the continued involvement of UofM faculty and advisors in our efforts to promote international education on campus. Faculty and Advisors are encouraged to support the activities of the Study Abroad Office by helping with the academic advising, recruitment, selection, and orientation of study abroad students. UofM faculty also serve on study abroad committees to help strengthen and enhance existing programs.

Faculty of the University of Memphis may participate in international programs in the following ways:

    • Serve as Faculty Program Directors for summer study abroad programs!
    • Participate in a faculty exchange program at one of our partner institutions abroad!
    • Serve in various campus-wide capacities to help develop and support international programs.
    • Apply for a Fulbright or other international grants to spend a semester or academic year abroad!
    • Participate in a Faculty Development Seminar

Faculty-Led Short Term Program Opportunities

Faculty are encouraged to develop new courses to teach abroad during the summer terms. We currently sponsor summer programs in Belize, China, England, Germany, Ghana and several other countries. The Study Abroad Office works closely with faculty in designing summer abroad programs. Interested faculty may complete and submit a study abroad proposal form as well as a non-traditional course offering request form.

Faculty-led program proposals are reviewed by a Proposal Review Committee. To submit or renew a faculty-led program proposal please click on one of the following:

Submit a Faculty-Led Program Proposal

Renew a Faculty-Led Program Proposal

Proposals should be submitted by the following deadlines:

Fall Break & Winter Session Proposals - February 15
Summer & Spring Break Proposals - September 1

Travel Policy

Before traveling, the Study Abroad Office advises all faculty to familiarize themselves with the University's travel policy.

All faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad are required to register travel information with the University of Memphis Study Abroad Office. Click the following to register your travel: Travel Registration

International Teacher Identification Card (ITIC)

The International Teacher Identification Card (ITIC) is available in the Study Abroad Office. The ITIC card offers special discounts,basic travel insurance, phone card and other benefits to full-time teachers and professors. To apply for the ITIC, you need proof that you are a full-time teacher, professor or instructor at an accredited educational establishment. You must be employed for a minimum of 18 hours per week for a minimum of one academic year. Please come to the Study Abroad Office to complete an ITIC application, and we will make your ITIC Card for you. For more information on the ITIC, visit isic.org/student-card/iytc-itic.html.