UofM Official Email Signature
This easy-to-use form helps faculty, staff and students create a standard email signature including contact details and the appropriate academic seal or university logo.
Review the guidelines below, complete the form and a custom email signature will be displayed. Fill in as much information as you want or leave the field blank if you don't want it included.
Copy the signature and follow the step by step instructions on how to upload it to Outlook.
Choose your signature
Guidelines for Use
- The signatures below are provided for use by all students, faculty, and staff.
- Content within the signature can be edited, but no additions (i.e. "Think before you
print") can be made. The template cannot be altered.
- Personal pronouns (OPTIONAL): Pronouns can be added to your email signature (she/her/hers,
he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.). Examples are below for reference. What's This?
- Tom Tiger (He/Him/His)
- Tom Tiger (He/Him/His)
- You can choose to include a cell or fax number instead of a website, or an email address
instead of a mailing address.
- Requests for exceptions to the signature card can be submitted to the Vice President
for External Relations.
- If you are using a mobile device that does not support HTML signatures, use an example
of these text-only options:
Title | Optional Secondary Title
The University of Memphis
100 Administration Building | Memphis, TN 38152
901.678.1234 | memphis.edu
Social Media Icons
- The icons shown currently link to the UofM's social media. If you would like to change
these to represent your department or college platforms, please refer to the instructions
page for details.
- Icons must retain the same shape and blue color.
- Social media icons that link to non-University sponsored accounts are permitted but must be related to one's field of study or for academic use and approved by Marketing and Communication. These requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Composing an Email
To ensure a consistent brand image, please follow these guidelines when creating an email:
- The email background should be white with no graphics added.
- Type should be Calibri font, black text and between 12-16 pt font size.
- Additional text within the signature area is prohibited.
- For additional support, contact email@example.com
Select your email platform below to view a step-by-step guide outlining how to upload the signature into Outlook. If you are using an email platform not listed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .