Undergraduate International Admissions
To apply to the University of Memphis, please follow the appropriate link. Please come visit the International Students Office only after admission to the university. The ISS Office does not directly handle admission applications but will answer any questions regarding the admission process.
Undergraduate Admissions: https://www.memphis.edu/admissions/basics/international.php
Students who are interested in the F-1 visa or in continuing F-1 status when shifting
in from another U.S. school will need to obtain a University of Memphis form I-20.
To make the I-20, our office must see the following items. You may have already completed
some items on this list, but all are needed for the I-20:
- Full and official admission to The University of Memphis for an on-campus degree program. Note that online degrees do not meet F-1 requirements. The Admissions Office normally sends this information to our office for each newly admitted student.
- Updated financial information to include tuition and living costs for two regular
semesters. At this time, this means that newly admitted students must show the ability
to afford $32508 (for incoming masters and PhD students) or the ability to afford
$34066 (for undergraduate students). We must additionally see $6,000 USD for adding
a spouse for F-2 purposes.
- This financial support may possibly be shown through a graduate assistantship letter, a bank letter for your account, or a bank letter plus an affidavit of support from your sponsor's account, a scholarship support letter from your home country government, or any combination thereof.
- U of M affidavit form : https://www.memphis.edu/admissions/pdfs/affidavit.pdf
- Updated address information to include a mailing address and also an address that is your residential location outside of the U.S. (must not be a postal box).
- A scanned image of your passport data page uploaded to your I-20 application. The scan must show your name, birthdate, and your passport's expiration date.
- Any additional visa-related information must be uploaded to you I-20, to include any potential F-2 spouse or dependent children passport data pages, and any information on a previous I-20 or SEVIS number.