Fall 2017 Additional MOCH Events
Humanities on Tap
- Thursday, September 21, 2017
- 6:00 PM
- Hammer & Ale, 921 S. Cooper St.
- Melanine Conroy, Mapping Literary Networks
- Kathryn Hicks, Mouse Traps: How Animal and Epidemiological Models of Maternal Obesity Both Acknowledge and Erase Social Inequality
- Carey Mickalites, Allegories of the Present: Twentieth-Century History and Contemporary British Fiction
- Beverly Tsacoyianis, Mental Health, Trauma, and Treatment in Syria and Lebanon, 1899 to Today
Humanities on Campus: Humanities Reading Group
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- 3:30 PM
- Beale Room, 363 University Center
- Dipesh Chakrabarty, "Humanities in the Anthropocene: The Crisis of an Enduring Kantian Fable," New Literary History 47 (numbers 2 & 3, Spring & Summer 2016), pp. 377-397. (requires login; available through Project Muse at the U of M Library)
- Martha Nussbaum, "The Silent Crisis," Chapter 1 from Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities (Princeton University Press, 2010), pp. 1-11.