The Nation's Oldest & Most Selective
Phi Kappa Phi - University of Mempis (Chapter 121)
Phi Kappa Phi is a national honor society whose purpose is to promote the pursuit of excellence in all fields of higher education. The Society was first to recognize superior scholarship in all fields of study and to take into membership the highest-ranking students of sound character from all academic disciplines. The University of Memphis recognizes Phi Kappa Phi as the leading honor society in the University and acknowledges members of Phi Kappa Phi at Commencement exercises.
Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is certainly a career-building accomplishment. When you meet the requirements and are asked to join, you will be part of a distinguished network of the best and the brightest from all kinds of academic backgrounds. Phi Kappa Phi was the first honor society in the nation to recognize superior scholarship in all fields of study and now has chapters at more than 300 campuses across the United States. The University of Memphis recognizes Phi Kappa Phi as the leading honor society in the University and acknowledges members of Phi Kappa Phi at Commencement exercises. Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is by invitation only and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. A formal letter of invitation will be sent to eligible candidates.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi offers numerous benefits and resources to assist members throughout their academic and professional lives.
- Highly Selective Membership: Limited membership is offered to the top performing second-semester juniors, seniors and graduate students.
- Upperclass/Graduate Student Focus: Recognizes those who prove to be strong scholars throughout their academic careers.
- Extensive Community: With more than 1.5 million members inducted since 1897, the Society includes scholars and professionals in just about every discipline imaginable.
- Recognition and Rewards: New members attend an initiation ceremony on their campus and receive a personalized membership certificate and card and the official Phi Kappa Phi pin. They also may receive a personalized press release about their initiation.
- Résumé Enhancements: Phi Kappa Phi logo graphics and verification letters are available to highlight your membership in the nation's oldest and most selective all-discipline honor society.
- Award Programs: Members are eligible to apply for nearly $1 million in awards each year. The programs range from $35,000 Fellowships for graduate school to $500 Love of Learning grants for continuing education and professional development.
- Member Discounts: Corporate partners, such as AT&T, Dell, GEICO, and Lenovo, provide valuable discounts and services to members.