SUAPP is comprised of following four academic units and six SUAPP related research units.
- Department of City and Regional Planning
- Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Department of Public and Nonprofit Administration
- Department of Social Work
- Center for Advancement of Youth Development
- Center for Community Criminology and Research
- Design Collaborative
- Public Safety Institute
- Center for Research on Women
- Statistical Research Center (SRC)
The mission of the School of Urban Affairs and Public Policy is to assist in identifying and implementing policies and programs that enhance quality of life, well-being, and prosperity in metropolitan settings. Our graduates provide informed and skilled public and nonprofit sector leadership. Our research and outreach contribute to urban policy and program solutions with an emphasis on Memphis and the Midsouth. As a hub for collaboration, SUAPP creates the diverse range of resources and disciplinary perspectives necessary for effective comprehensive metropolitan action.