Don't let those techy-glitches get you down.
Technical Support is just a given in today's world. The more we rely on technology in our daily lives, the more likely we are going to run into techy-glitches. Our ITS Service Desk provides 24/7 technical support to the University's community. You can reach us at:
- 901.678.8888 - Technical Support by phone 24/7
- Technology Hub located in UC 265 is open for use 24/7
- McWherter Lab located on the first floor of the McWherter Library (open during Library hours)
- Lambuth Lab, located in Wilder Student Union Room 006
In addition, the ITS Service Desk provides chat and walk-in assistance Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm in Administration Building 100.
Important Announcement: Change in Password Reset Process
In an effort to enhance security of passwords and protect University data, ITS will implement a change in its Password Reset service. Effective immediately, the ITS Service Desk (Tier 1) will no longer, administratively, change passwords. All UofM affiliates (faculty, staff, students, alumni, former students, etc.) will be encouraged to visit the University's self-service Identity Management website located at https://iam.memphis.edu. Here, you can initialize your account, reset your password, retrieve your UUID, and answer your security questions to regain access to your account.
In addition, remember these important tips to ensure your data is secure:
• Never share your password with anyone. This includes a UofM employee, friend, or relative.
• Beware of phishing emails that attempt to lure you to malicious websites.
• Watch for email notifications about your password changing. If you did not change your password, please contact the Service Desk immediately.
• Never respond to an email request for your username and password, or any other request to "verify" your account.
For more information about IT security, please visit the ITS security website located
Alert: Malicious Adobe Email Attachment Circulating On-Campus
On Tuesday, January 26th, 2016, a number of UofM users received a message purporting to be from the Adobe Creative Cloud service with a Subject: line of "Adobe Invoice". The message contained an attachment called "invoice.doc", that, when opened, would attempt to connect to a remote server and install malicious software on the recipient's computer.
The remote server has since been taken offline and ITS staff are working with units who may have had computers that were impacted by the malicious attachment. If you received one of the "Adobe Invoice" emails with the invoice.doc attachment, please delete the email message and do not attempt to open the attachment.
If you opened the attachment, please contact your LSP or the ITS Service Desk by phone at 901.678.8888 or via email at email@example.com for further assistance.
For more information about IT security, please visit the ITS security website.