University Social Media
Follow the UofM!
Follow the Tigers!
Social Media Resources
Social Media Handbook - Review the UofM Social Media policies and best practices for students, faculty, staff and departmental accounts
Have an event, activity or organization we should cover? Send us the scoop.
- Email email@example.com with exact wording, links and graphics to go along with post.
- Specify on which platforms you would like posted (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Specify what date you would like your information posted
- Give plenty of notice so we can accommodate your request.
- All posts must me approved by Marketing Leadership. We will notify you if your post is not approved. Posts must be relevant to a large audience and relate to the UofM.
Social Media Policy & Procedures
Establishing a University Sponsored Site
Administrative offices, academic colleges, schools, departments and research units wishing to establish a University Sponsored Site should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the UofM Department of Marketing and Communication to begin the registration and recognition process.
Upon completion of the registration and recognition process, sites approved by the
Department of Marketing and Communication will be added to the UofM Social Media Directory.
Maintenance of Sites
The user may create the new account subject to the terms of this policy and any requirements imposed as a condition of approval. The UofM will periodically review approved sites and reserves the right to revoke or limit approval at any time in its sole discretion.