UofM Language Fair: Frequently Asked Questions
On this page, you'll find answers to questions we've been asked for this year's Fair, as well as other useful information that may come in handy.
The other main pages in the site menu (Home, Events, Social Media, Teacher of the Year, Contact) have important information that may answer your question, and we'll be adding more information to these pages as it becomes available.
- When and how will winners be announced?
- Winners will be announced here on the website on March 28, 2022. A post will also go out on our social media accounts (@UofMLangFair on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).
- Are submissions for this year's Fair closed?
- Yes, submissions for the 2022 Language Fair closed on March 11, and winners for submissions will be announced on March 28.
- Is this year's Fair open to credit-earning foreign language high school students outside
the Memphis area?
- Yes, it is! Schools from the MidSouth, Tennessee, and other states are all welcome to participate in this year's virtual Fair. Please see the criteria for each event on the Events page for specific requirements to participate in each event.
- Can native or heritage speakers participate in the Fair?
- Yes! Please note though that only certain events are open to native or heritage speakers. Please see the Guidelines section at the top of the criteria for that event on the Events page to see who can participate.
- How much does it cost to participate in the 2022 Language Fair?
- All entry fees are waived this year! Teachers can submit their students' work on the submissions form.
- How do I register my students for the Fair?
- What about other events that used to be offered?
- The events have been updated this year for online submission. Some events are the same as before (for example, poetry writing), while others have changed (infograph) or are completely new (website). The list of events for the 2022 Fair is on the event page.
- How can I be sure to get the latest news and updates?
If you have other questions, you can contact the Language Fair co-directors.
Follow us on social media to keep up with the latest news about the Fair. You can look for us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter by searching for the username @UofMLangFair or clicking on the icons below.