The 2022 UofM Language Fair: Festivals of Culture
The recipient of the 2022 Teacher of the Year award and the winners of the 2022 Virtual Language Fair have been announced. The Teacher of the Year Award page has the press release and picture of this year's Teacher of the Year, and you can view the student winners of the 2022 Virtual Language Fair on the Winners page. Congratulations!
- Videos are posted on the Resources page featuring our faculty and graduate students describing their favorite cultural festivals in different countries. We hope you and your students enjoy them!
- Malia Rummell from EF Educational Tours, one of our sponsors for the Language Fair, has shared a video greeting teachers to the 2022 Virtual Language Fair. EF Educational Tours sponsors our Teacher of the Year award and has other teaching awards in the Mid-South. You can watch the video and find out more about how to nominate an outstanding language teacher here.
The University of Memphis Department of World Languages and Literatures would like to invite world language students earning high school credit to participate in the 2022 Virtual Language Fair.
A variety of competitions allow students to showcase their creativity and capability in the target language of their current world language class. All submissions must be original student work related to the 2022 UofM Language Fair theme, "Festivals of Culture." The events are:
- Digital Art - original photographs taken by the student or images of original 2-D art created by the student (drawing, painting, etc.)
- Essay - original student essays written in the target language
- Infographic - original student work using the target language
- Latin Translation - students translate a passage based on their level
- Poetry Writing - original student poetry written in the target language
- Video - oral performance (original group skit, solo or group musical performance) in the target language
- Website - original student research presented as a simple website using the target language
Judging criteria for these events can be found on the Events page.
Teachers must register students for the event and submit any competition entries on behalf of their students. Submissions will be accepted from February 1 to March 11, 2022 via this website (memphis.edu/fair). Winners will be announced on March 28, 2022. Details about each event will be announced via social media and posted here on this website.
We look forward to your participation!
Joshua Nave and Benjamin Sparks, PhD
UofM Language Fair
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Memphis
Follow us on social media to keep up with the latest news about the Fair. You can look for us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter by searching for the username @UofMLangFair or clicking on the icons below.