The Research Development Team is focused on increasing institutional research competitiveness through targeted capacity building, partnership and interdisciplinary team development, and proposal development assistance activities. We manage the University's Strategic Research Investment Initiatives, pursuit of Large-Scale, Complex, and Center proposals, and the selection process for Limited Competitions.
We partner with academic units to provide faculty development workshops related to pursuit of external funding for research and assess and engage in targeted development of research infrastructure.
- Upcoming Training
- Prior Workshops and Tutorials
Partnership & Interdisciplinary Team Development
Research Development identifies and supports development of local (community, government, business), inter-institutional, and cross-unit partnerships for pursuit of sponsored project funding. We are the two-way 'funnel' for any research activities involving partnerships with K-12 schools in the region. We organize cross-disciplinary conversations around high growth potential topics and provide coaching for interdisciplinary team formation.
- International Partnerships
- Upcoming activities
- Communities of Research Scholars (CoRS) – click here for a complete listing of funded teams.
Proposal Development Assistance
Research Development provides technical or strategic input to help strengthen proposal content. We strategize with PIs about how to structure and present compelling proposals, convey the overarching theme(s), connect and address required proposal elements, and evaluate comments from reviewers. Research Development offers developmental editing of proposals as time permits. Request a consultation.
Strategic Research Investments
- Research Investment Fund (RIF)
- Research Investments In Science and Engineering (RISE) Fellowships
- RISE PhD Fellowships
- First Generation STEM Doctoral Fellowships
- NEH Summer Stipends
Proposal Toolkit – Samples, Templates, & Resources
- Proposal Bank
- Samples/Templates – Biosketches, Current/Pending Support, Evaluation Plans, Data Management/Sharing Plans, post-doc mentoring plans, budget narratives
- Broader Impacts
- How to work with K-12 Schools and School Systems
- Internal Resources
- Letters of Commitment/Support
- Boilerplate Language
*Meet our Team and Contact Research Development for more information.