SGA Travel Funding
As a service to students, SGA provides travel funding for University organizations and individuals.
ATTENTION: SGA travel funds are awarded as a reimbursement after the travel is completed. If you receive funding from SGA and any other source you must meet with Mrs. Julia Rhodes in the Dean of Students Office prior to travel. Mrs. Rhodes may be reached at 901.678.2188 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for Student Government Association travel funds you must be a student during the fall or spring semester in which you travel. If travel occurs during the summer you must either be registered for summer classes or have been registered for the spring semester and be registered for the following fall semester. If you have graduated you are NOT eligible for Student Government Association travel funds.
To apply for funding:
Undergraduate students may download application and then submit completed application to the Student Government Association Office, 214 University Center, prior to the application deadline. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Graduate and Law students may download application and then submit completed application to the Graduate School, 201E FedEx Institute of Technology, prior to the application deadline. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Mrs. Julia Rhodes | 901.678.2187 | email@example.com
Graduate and Law Travel:
Ms. Kaitlin Duckett | 901.678.1408 | firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION (for both Undergraduate and Graduate/Law):
- Domestic Travel (continental United States) fifteen (15) business days in advance of departure date
- Hawaii and Alaska ten (10) weeks in advance of departure date
- International Travel ten (10) weeks in advance of departure date
- Canada and Mexico ten (10) weeks in advance of departure date
- If travel falls during the winter holiday break or during the break between spring and summer terms or immediately following the start of a semester. It is recommended that the application be submitted before the fifteen (15) business day deadline. If travel is to occur during or shortly after a break the application should be submitted earlier.