River City Partnership
Inspire Memphis, nicknamed the River City, through teaching. The goal of the River City Partnership is to train and inspire scholars to promote equity and social justice as they teach in Shelby County Schools or the Achievement School District. 180 days - one school year - is a lifetime and can make a huge difference in the life of a student.
The River City Partnership is a collaborative partnership between UofM College of Education, Shelby County Schools, and the Achievement School District. The River City Partnership seeks to recruit local scholars, equip them to teach in Memphis schools, and support future teachers throughout college and as they enter the workforce. As River City Teacher Scholars, students can earn a Bachelor of Science in Education (with licensure) or a Master of Arts in Teaching with Early Childhood or Elementary Education Licensure or with Secondary Licensure in English/Language Arts, Math, Science, or Social Studies. The River City Partnership also includes the I AM A MAN. . .I Teach program, the Memphis Educators for Mathematical Excellence - (ME)2 - graduate certificate program, and the High School Summer Bridge Program.
River City Teacher Scholars Receive:
- Scholarship opportunities
- Focused mentoring and advising
- PRAXIS preparation and tutoring
- Job placement assistance
- Mentoring and coaching support after Graduation
- Bachelor of Science in Education or Master of Arts in Teaching
- MAT in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Elementary Education
- MAT in Secondary Education (English/Language Arts, Math, Science, or Social Studies)
River City Partnership Press
- Dean Hill-Clarke introduces the River City Partnership in this Chalkbeat article
- WMC Action News 5 focuses on the River City Partnership
- Dr. Alfred Hall speaks with Chalkbeat about the increase in teaching diversity as part of the River City Partnership
- Voice of SCS created this video to showcase the River City Partnership Summer Bridge
- Commercial Appeal article on International Paper's generous donation to the RCP
- Daily Memphian article about SCS leadership changes not affecting River City Partnership
Need more information?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us inspire Memphis
Give to the River City Partnership >
Support the River City Partnership!