River City Partnership Undergraduate Program
River City Partnership Undergraduate Teacher Scholars
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
The River City Partnership Bachelor of Science in Education program provides in-coming first-year college students with a unique opportunity to experience and explore teaching in our Memphis public and charter schools. RCP Undergraduate Teacher Scholars can major in the following:
- Elementary Education (K-5th grade) and Special Education (K-12th grade), Teaching All Learners (BSEd)
- Early Childhood Education (Pre-K to 3rd grade), Human Development & Learning (BSEd)
- Secondary Mathematics (6-12th grade)
River City Undergraduate Teacher Scholars Receive:
- $4500 (per academic year) River City Partnership Scholarship
- Paid UofM application, freshman orientation and Frosh Camp fees
- A first-year book voucher worth approximately $1,000
- Additional qualifying merit-based scholarships opportunities available including:
Undergraduate Application Process
- Admission to the University of Memphis as a freshman
- Complete the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Application.
- Scholarship Essay (250-500 word) that describes your interest in becoming a River City Teacher Scholar and teaching in Memphis
- Two letters of recommendation from school officials (e.g., teacher, principal, school counselor, coach) or a community member.
- Complete general scholarship application in Tiger Scholarship Manager>
- RCP Teacher Scholar Interview
Become a RCP Teacher Scholar
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org> with questions about the River City Partnership Undergraduate Scholarship application process.
Step 1: Apply to the UofM as a freshman
Step 2: Apply for the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Program
Step 3: Apply for the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Award in Tiger Scholarship Manager