River City Partnership Undergraduate Program
River City Partnership Undergraduate Teacher Scholars
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications. To learn more about the River City Partnership and how to apply, view information below and fill out our interest form.
The River City Partnership Bachelor of Science in Education program provides in-coming first-year college students with a unique opportunity to experience and explore teaching in our Memphis public and charter schools. RCP Undergraduate Teacher Scholars can major in the following:
- Elementary Education (K-5th grade) and Special Education (K-12th grade), Teaching All Learners (BSEd)
- Early Childhood Education (Pre-K to 3rd grade), Human Development & Learning (BSEd)
- Secondary Mathematics (6-12th grade)
River City Undergraduate Teacher Scholars Receive:
- $4500 (per academic year) River City Partnership Scholarship
- Paid UofM application, freshman orientation and Frosh Camp fees
- A first-year book voucher worth approximately $1,000
- Additional qualifying merit-based scholarships opportunities available including:
Undergraduate Application Process
- Admission to the University of Memphis as a freshman
- Complete the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Application.
- Scholarship Essay (250-500 word) that describes your interest in becoming a River City Teacher Scholar and teaching in Memphis
- Two letters of recommendation from school officials (e.g., teacher, principal, school counselor, coach) or a community member.
- Complete general scholarship application in Tiger Scholarship Manager>
- RCP Teacher Scholar Interview
Become a RCP Teacher Scholar
Step 1: Apply to the UofM as a freshman
Step 2: Apply for the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Program
Step 3: Apply for the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Award in Tiger Scholarship Manager