River City Partnership
The River City Partnership - 180 Days is a Lifetime
180 days - one school year - is a lifetime and can make a huge impact on the life of a student. Inspire the Memphis community by becoming a River City Teacher Scholar for the College of Education at the UofM. The River City Partnership is a collaboration between UofM College of Education, Shelby County Schools, Achievement School District and local charter schools. Our program prepares local, future educators to practice and promote social justice, equity and inclusion as an high school Summer Bridge>, undergraduate>, graduate (MAT)> and graduate certificate student>.
Our unique approach to Teacher Education
The River City Partnership stands apart because it focuses on Memphis! No city in the world is quite like Memphis, and no teaching program is quite like our River City Partnership.
- Taps into local aspiring teachers who demonstrate a passion for social justice
- Deepens future teachers' sociopolitical understanding of our Memphis community
- Engages future teachers with our community around issues of equity and inclusion.
- Provides peer cohort support model, appreciative advising, and academic support
- Intentional integration of Praxis Core and Content preparation services
- Prepares future teachers who have strong academic content knowledge, sociocultural context knowledge, and pedagogical knowledge
- Offers job placement assistance and 2 years of post-graduate professional development opportunities and mentorship
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us inspire Memphis
Give to the River City Partnership >
Support the River City Partnership!