River City Partnership
To connect with us about the River City Partnership (RCP) and the undergraduate scholarship opportunity, click the button below.
Inspire the Memphis community by joining the River City Partnership, a unique teacher education program in the College of Education at the UofM. The River City Partnership is a collaboration between UofM College of Education, Memphis-Shelby County Schools and local charter schools. Our undergraduate program prepares local, future educators to practice and promote diversity, equity and inclusion as an undergraduate student >.
Our unique approach to Teacher Education
The River City Partnership stands apart because it focuses on Memphis! No city in the world is quite like Memphis, and no teaching program is quite like the College of Education's River City Partnership. The River City Partnership:
- Taps into local aspiring teachers who demonstrate a passion for equity
- Deepens future teachers' sociopolitical understanding of our Memphis community
- Engages future teachers with our community around issues of equity and inclusion.
- Provides peer cohort support model, appreciative advising and academic support
- Intentional integration of Praxis Core and Content preparation services
- Prepares future teachers who have strong academic content knowledge, sociocultural context knowledge, and pedagogical knowledge
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.