General Business Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in General Business provides students general knowledge about business disciplines and concepts, and is targeted at students with a bachelor’s degree in a non-business field who wish to transition into management fields or into an MBA program. Additionally, this graduate certificate provides exposure to business concepts for professionals in other unrelated disciplines who are still undecided about pursuing an MBA.
At the end of the program, students will understand the relationships among the different components of a business, how these components interact with each other, and how businesses operate in a global context.
Performance in these courses, which are all part of the MBA core, will be used for screening potential MBA applicants without a business background.
- Same as college and university requirements.
- The General Business Graduate Certificate program may be pursued concurrently with
other programs at the University of Memphis. To be approved for the program, students
must complete an application and submit it along with a current graduate transcript
for review, using the graduate applications portal.
- Non-degree seeking graduate students may also pursue this certificate program of study.
To be approved for the program, these students must submit evidence of this non-degree-seeking
graduate student status, along with the completed application form for review, using
the graduate applications portal.
- Admission to this certificate program is not an implied acceptance into any other program in the Fogelman College of Business and Economics.
This certificate program requires completion of 4 courses (12 credit hours in total), as follows:
2 Required Courses (6 credit hours):
- SCMS 7110 - Introduction to Business Analytics
- SCMS 7313 - Supply Chain Operations Management
2 Elective Courses (6 credit hours): choose two of the following courses:
- ACCT 7080 - Financial Managerial Accounting for Managers
- ECON 7100 - Economics for Global Executive
- FIR 7155 - Global Financial Management
- MIS 7650 - Information Systems in the Global Enterprise
- MKTG 7140 - Global Strategic Marketing
- To obtain the certificate, a student must complete a total of 4 courses as described
in the Program Requirements section, for a total of 12 credits, with an average grade
of 3.0 (B) or higher.
- In the semester of graduation, you must submit the following documents by the deadline specified by the Graduate School:
Please visit the University of Memphis catalog.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Means that a class can be substituted out to replace that class, if given permission.
** Means the course can be offered online some semesters.