Call for Hours
EducationPh.D., University of Maryland, 1978
Academic SummaryDr. Gene A. Plunka received his Ph.D. in comparative literature from The University of Maryland, where he specialized in modern and contemporary drama. He has published eight books and forty-five articles in his areas of interest: modern drama and technical writing. Dr. Plunka also worked in private industry for five years as a technical writer and editor.
Dr. Plunka has been the recipient of these awards:
- Distinguished Research Award, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Memphis, 1998-1999;
- Alumni Association Award for Distinguished Research, University of Memphis, 2005;
- Amy & Eric Burger Theater Competition--Outstanding Essay in Theater, 2009;
- South Central Modern Language Association Book Award, 2010;
- Dunavant Professorship, University of Memphis, August 2012-August 2015.