The Department of English offers the following graduate degrees and concentrations:
- MA in English, with a concentration in one of the following:
- Composition Studies
- ESL (English as a Second Language) [both in traditional and completely online form]
- Professional Writing
- MFA in Creative Writing
- PhD in English, with a concentration in one of the following:
- Applied Linguistics
- Literary and Cultural Studies
- Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication
- Certificate Programs:
- African-American Literature
- Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language
- Writing Studies
More information about each of these programs can be found in the left-hand menu. For more information about program requirements, view the 2019-2020 Graduate Catalog.
NOTE: RODP classes (.R01, .R50, .R25, etc.) classes are not administered by the Department of English. Speak with your advisor before signing up for these classes to make sure they fit into your degree program.