Summer Bridge Program
Summer Bridge targets TRiO -eligible UofM bound high school graduates for a week-long experience that will aid in acclimation to a university environment. Selected participants can expect to benefit both academically and socially and have an opportunity to test out of certain developmental courses and earn college credits.
Details on the actual summer schedule will be made available shortly.. Participants are expected to attend for the full duration of the program.
Space for the Summer Bridge Program is limited and participation will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Prospective applicants should complete the TRiO Program Application and will be evaluated for a right fit for this experience.
For more information please contact Heather Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901.678.2351.
By participating in Summer Bridge, participants will:
- Immediately be eligible for additional funding (grant aid) if they meet requirements.
- Receive a peer mentor for the first year of college
- Have extensive networking opportunities
- Have an opportunity to partake in local community service
- Enjoy the benefits of participation in a federally-funded TRiO program that provides customized interventions to aid in meeting long-term professional goals
Get a head start at the UofM:
- Start building relationships with professors, administrators, staff, and peer mentors, creating a unique support system.
- Gain an edge with early access and exposure to campus life and resources.
- Build a small community among peers, developing lifelong friendships.
For more information please contact Dr. Vonda Scipio at email@example.com or 901.678.1583.