Civil Engineering Accreditation Information
The Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Accreditation information in the University Catalog can be found here: https://catalog.memphis.edu/preview_entity.php?catoid=22&ent_oid=1351&returnto=1124.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Civil Engineering Program are:
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of civil engineers.
- Qualified graduates will pursue advanced study if that is consistent with their career plans.
- Graduates will assume/undertake leadership roles in their communities and/or professions.
Constituencies: Employers of civil engineering graduates, alumni, undergraduate students,
Revision Frequency: 3 years
Next Revision Cycle: Fall 2021
Graduates of Civil Engineering will have demonstrated:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
B S Civil Engineering Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Enrollment (FT/PT)||Degrees Awarded|