Welcome to Civil Engineering
Civil Engineers Shape Our World
Civil Engineers contribute to society and the economy in numerous areas: Infrastructure, Bridges, Buildings, Transportation System, Environment, Autonoums Vehicles, Earthquake Design, Data Science, and many others. That's why civil engineers spend their days analyzing the stuff most of us take for granted—like how to reduce pollution, strengthen bridges or improve roadways. They literally shape the world we live in.
Faculty Position in Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering at The University of Memphis invites applications for a tenured/tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, beginning August 2024. Candidates with teaching and research interests in all areas related to Environmental Engineering will be considered.
Why Choose Civil Engineering (CE)
at the University of Memphis?
The Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Memphis is well known for its top-notch academic program, cutting-edge and community-based research, and welcoming environment. In the UofM CE program, students have it all – a comprehensive learning experience in a large urban university and a small, close-knit community in the Herff College of Civil Engineering and the CE major. Our highly respected faculty engages students not just in their courses but also in their research – even at the undergraduate level! Through the CE program, students develop valuable skills that improve life in our communities by:
- Environmental Engineering;
- Earthquake Engineering - designing bridges and buildings to withstand earthquakes;
- Protecting our drinking water supply;
- Transportation Engineering: Facilitating the safe and efficient transport of goods throughout the country;
- Reducing pollution in our streams and rivers;
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering: Designing sustainable roads and bridges and buildings for the future;
- Construction Engineering: Lead, supervise, and manage the construction of a wide variety of projects in the built environment, including both renovations and new construction. This includes the building of all types of residential, commercial, and industrial structures, roads, bridges, schools, and hospitals. >> Read more
Learn more about our program from our students and graduates and why you should consider joining our Tiger family!
For a visit of the Department, please contact Dr. Shahram Pezeshk, Chair (email@example.com).