Outreach is defined by our center as education and prevention in motion.
Outreach is one way our center can address the growing needs of the University and surrounding community. Outreach programming provides preventative interventions in many areas concerning mental health and wellness.
Outreach presentations may be requested by student groups, academic departments, U of M staff and others in the U of M community. Please be aware that we require at least two weeks notice for outreach program requests.
Programs usually range in length from 15 minutes to 1 hour, and they are typically conducted at your campus location. There is no fee for a Counseling Center outreach presentation.
A few topics are listed here but is not conducive to subjects are center can address.
Selected Outreach Topics
- Adjusting to Life on Campus
- Anxiety/ Stress Management/ Stress Busters
- Athletic Team Building
- Balancing Work, Life, and School
- Building Stronger Brains Tennessee- ACES awareness and trauma informed
- By Stander Intervention
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Counseling Center Services
- Dealing with Distressed, Disturbed, Disruptive, and Potentially Dangerous Students
- Diversity Issues
- Effective Communication
- Get Your Relax On Program
- Healthy Relationships/ Healthy Sexual Relationships
- Safe Zone
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention
In addition to providing outreach to specific groups, the Counseling Center participates in tabling events where students can learn about Counseling Center services. Please use the following link when you request a Student Health and Counseling Services outreach program or participation at your tabling event:
- Outreach/Presentation Request (Please submit with at least two weeks' notice)
Please use the following link to request our Get Your Relax On Program in the Relaxation Zone (Brister 302)
- Get Your Relax On Program Request (Please submit with at least two weeks' notice)
If you have any questions, please contact Outreach Coordinator, Victoria Jones at email@example.com.