The Relaxation Zone and Oasis Room
Given the recent health concerns, the Relaxation Zone and Oasis Room will be closed for the Summer 2021 semester with plans to reopen for the Fall 2021 semester! Check back for details coming soon!
The Relaxation Zone
UNWIND & RESTORE
The Relaxation Zone offers a variety of services called "relaxation stations" that include multiple massage chairs, biofeedback computer station, stress relief coloring, zen garden sand trays, buddha boards, positivity board, and stress ball creation station. You can come individually or with a group to learn instruction on a variety of self-care skills like Mindfulness, Relaxation, and Guided Meditation, just ask for stress management consult.
- Visits are free for currently enrolled students and no appointment is necessary
- At your first visit to the relaxation zone, staff will assist with the necessary computer paperwork and orient you to the relaxation stations
- All subsequent visits will only require you to sign in and complete a pre-test and post-test each visit
- After your paperwork is complete, simply pick your Relaxation Station!
* For concerns about accessibility, the Oasis Room in Wilder 206 is accessible and also offers a private experience of our relaxation stations.
The Oasis Room
A new extension of the Relaxation Zone, the Oasis room is a private experience of our relaxation stations. Practice your self care without distraction for 30 minutes once a day in our newly revamped and rebranded Oasis Room!
- Free for all currently enrolled students and only requires a short pre test and post test for usage.
- Feel free to walk in or pre book your appointment!
Visit Wilder Tower 211 to check in or call 901.678.5305 to schedule an appointment
Open Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Get Your Relax on Group Program
"Get your Relax on" is our stress management program in the Relaxation Zone for faculty, staff, and students to request. You can expect to learn about basic stress management, utilize our relaxation stations, and engage in a variety mindfulness and guided meditation techniques.
Use the following links to request our Get Your Relax On Program in the Relaxation Zone (Brister 302)-
Please submit with at least two weeks' notice
If you have any questions, please contact our Outreach Coordinator, Victoria Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.