QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Suicide Prevention Training
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives
each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide
crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
QPR can be learned in our Gatekeeper course in as little as one hour.
As a QPR-trained Gatekeeper you will learn to:
- Recognize the warning signs of suicide
- Know how to offer hope
- Know how to get help and save a life
Everyone needs to talk sometimes, and that is okay.
Must register at least 24 hours prior to the training
- Wednesday September 7th | 9:00 am - 10:00 am | UC Shelby | RSVP
- Thursday September 8th | 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm | UC Shelby | RSVP
- Tuesday October 4th | 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm | UC Senate Chamber | RSVP
- Friday November 4th | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | UC Shelby | RSVP
Looking to have QPR for your department or group? Visit our outreach page to request a date for your organization
Adapted from QPR institute