QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Suicide Prevention Training
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives
each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide
crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
QPR can be learned in our Gatekeeper course in as little as one hour.
As a QPR-trained Gatekeeper you will learn to:
- Recognize the warning signs of suicide
- Know how to offer hope
- Know how to get help and save a life
Everyone needs to talk sometimes, and that is okay.
Fall 2021 Campus Trainings-virtual until further notice
Must register at least 24 hours prior to the training
- Wednesday September 8th | 3:00-4:00 | Zoom | Register at least 24 hours in advance for this meeting
- Friday September 10th | 9:00-10:00 | Zoom | Register at least 24 hours in advance for this meeting
- Tuesday October 5th | 5:00-6:00 | Zoom | Register in at least 24 hours in advance for this meeting
- Thursday November 4th | 9:00-10:00 | Zoom | Register in at least 24 hours in advance for this meeting
Looking to have QPR for your department or group? Visit our outreach page to request a date for your organization
Adapted from QPR institute