Spring Boot Quick Start | Introduction to Core Spring, Spring AOP, Spring Boot 2.0 and More
- October 17-18, 2022: Registration Link
- This training is being held virtually via Zoom
- Each daily session will start at 8:30 AM and finish at 4:30 PM. All times are in the CENTRAL Time Zone.
- Instructor: FastLane US
All trainings are NONREFUNDABLE within 14 days of the training’s scheduled start date. Attendees who wish to cancel within the 14-day nonrefundable period will need to email Rami Lotay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give a detailed explanation as to why they cannot possibly attend, as they will still be liable for payment in full.
If you cannot attend the session above, please click here to join our waitlist. Once enough demand has been built, you will be contacted with dates for the next session. Please note that submitting your information on the waitlist does not automatically reserve a space for you in the training. You will have to register/pay via a separate registration portal.
Introduction to Spring Boot | Spring Boot Quick Start is a hands-on Spring training course geared for experienced Java developers who need to understand what the Spring Boot is in terms of today's systems and architectures, and how to use Spring in conjunction with other technologies and frameworks. This leading-edge course provides added coverage of Spring's Aspect-Oriented Programming and the use of Spring Boot. Students will gain hands-on experience working with Spring, using Maven for project and dependancy management, and, optionally, a test-driven approach (using JUnit) to the labs in the course.
The Spring framework is an application framework that provides a lightweight container that supports the creation of simple-to-complex components in a non-invasive fashion. Spring's flexibility and transparency is congruent and supportive of incremental development and testing. The framework's structure supports the layering of functionality such as persistence, transactions, view-oriented frameworks, and enterprise systems and capabilities. This course targets Spring Boot 2 , which includes full support for Java SE 11 and Java EE 8. Spring supports the use of lambda expressions and method references in many of its APIs.
This introduction to Spring development course requires that incoming students possess solid Java programming skills and practical hands-on Java experience.
Working in a hands-on learning environment, students will review configuration basics of the Spring framework. The course then moves into Spring Boot, providing in-depth content and experience working with Spring Boot to accomplish a variety of tasks. In addition to working through the Spring Actuator, students work extensively at testing and debugging Spring Boot applications.
Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly experienced practitioners who bring years of current "on-the-job" application development and Spring experience into every classroom. Working in a hands-on learning environment, led by our expert practitioner, students will:
- Explain the issues associated with complex frameworks such as JEE and how Spring addresses those issues
- Understand the relationships between Spring and JEE, AOP, IOC and JDBC.
- Write applications that take advantage of the Spring container and the declarative nature of assembling simple components into applications.
- Understand how to configure the Spring Boot framework
- Understand and work on integrating persistence into a Spring application
- Explain Spring's support for transactions and caching
- Work with Spring Boot to facilitate Spring setup and configuration
- Apply Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) to Spring applications
- Become familiar with the conditionally loading of bean definitions and Application Contexts
- Understand how to leverage the power of Spring Boot
- Use Spring Boot to create and work with JPA repositories
Need different skills or topics? If your team requires different topics or tools, additional skills or custom approach, this course may be further adjusted to accommodate. We offer additional Spring, Java / JEE programming, Microservices / Services, REST, TDD / testing, design, application security and other related topics that may be blended with this course for a track that best suits your needs. Our team will collaborate with you to understand your needs and will target the course to focus on your specific learning objectives and goals.
- Introduction to Spring
- Spring AOP
- Spring Boot 2