Research at the FedEx Institute of Technology
The FedEx Institute of Technology is first and foremost an emerging technologies research institution. Working with an interdisciplinary team of faculty members from across campus and around the world, we are bringing the SMART future to Memphis and advancing the science of what's next. Included in our research focus areas are:
- intelligent systems & artificial intelligence
- unmanned & autonomous systems
- cybersecurity testing
- biologistics & smart biomaterials
- robotics and machine learning
- virtual reality and immersive environments
- blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency
- additive manufacturing
- mobile health and precision medicine
- big data analytics & design thinking
- smart cities
- quantum computing
We are planting the seeds and feeding the innovation life-cycle that makes Memphis a world-class technology city.
The FedEx Institute of Technology researchers are responsible for technology in over 10 companies. See the list here.