Apply for Graduate Admissions

Thank you for choosing the University of Memphis to pursue your graduate degree! 

If you are interested in starting a new graduate program at the UofM, please select the application that corresponds with your program of interest and desired start date:

School of Communication Sciences and Disorders - Apply Now 

School of Public Health Programs - Visit our Application Information Page 

Joint Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC). - Apply Now 

UTHSC Pharmacy and Southern College of Optometry students interested in applying for the Masters of Public Health Generalist Dual Degree Program should contact sphadmissions@memphis.edu for application instructions.  


  • Graduate Degree Application for Master’s, PhD, and Graduate Certificates - Apply Here
  • Graduate Non-Degree Application - Apply Here

Applications that remain incomplete (missing student documents or application fee) after program deadlines will not be reviewed. Deadlines are indicated in the application and can be found on program admission webpages.  

Applications for fall 2023 MS in Information Systems, MS in Competer Science, and MS in Data Science are now closed.  


Apply to be readmitted into a Graduate Program

If you were previously enrolled in a graduate program at the UofM and would like to resume your studies in the same program, please reapply for readmission here. Applications for readmission are subject to department review and may be denied on the basis of space.

Apply to a Modify Your Current Degree Program

If you are a currently enrolled student (or an admitted applicant) and need to make one of the following changes:

  • Adding a graduate certificate within your current discipline to your current program. Note: some certficate programs require a separate application. Please contact your department coordinator for information.  
  • Changing your status from on campus to online only, or from online only to on campus
  • Changing your concentration within a program.
  • Adding the masters degree to a your current PhD program so that you can pursue the masters while also pursuing your PhD.  
  • Dropping a graduate certificate while maintaining enrollment in your primary degree program.  
  • Dropping a concentration or masters degree while maintaining enrollment in your primary degree program.  

Please complete the form here.

DO NOT USE THIS FORM TO "CHANGE MAJORS" or SWITCH from one degree program to another. Acceptance into one program does not grant you admission into other programs. IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE PRIMARY DEGREE YOU ARE PURSUING YOU MUST APPLY TO THAT DEGREE PROGRAM. Apply Here

Change Your Starting Semester

If you have been accepted for a particular semester but you want to change your starting semester please apply hereApplications for change of term are subject to department review and may be denied on the basis of space.

Need Help?

Important Notes