Keyboard Audition Requirements
BM Performance – Piano/Keyboard
- Major and minor scales.
- Prepare two to three works contrasting in tempo and style
- Repertoire examples include but are not limited to: Scarlatti Sonata, Telemann suite, Bach Prelude & Fugue etc.; movement of a classical sonata; a 19th-century large work or character piece (Clara Schumann, Brahms, Coleridge-Taylor etc.), impressionistic work (Ravel, Debussy, Griffes etc.), Shostakovich prelude or a comparable 20th-century work; the more exceptional student will play the larger works of distinguished composers
BM Music Education, Music Composition, Musicology, Music Therapy – Piano/Keyboard
- Major scales and minor scales.
- Prepare two to three works contrasting in tempo and style:
- Repertoire examples include but are not limited to: Scarlatti Sonata, Bach Invention, Mendelsohn Song without Words, Satie Gymnopedie, movement of a classical sonata, romantic or contemporary work.
BM Recording Technology, Music Business, Music Minor, Applied Lessons – Piano/Keyboard
- Demonstrate mastery of Major scales (4 octaves)
- Perform two works that contrast in tempo and style
MM – Piano Performance
- Three to four works contrasting in tempo and style which may include the standard concert repertoire
- Repertoire examples include but are not limited to: a Bach Partita/Handel Suite, Chopin Impromptu/Etude/Ballade Scherzo; Clementi, Mozart, Beethoven Sonata (excluding the Opus 14's and Opus 49's), a large work from the 19th/early 20th century, an Etude by Stravinsky, Scriabin, H. Leslie Adams, Gabriela Lena Frank, Manuel Ponce.
MM – Piano Pedagogy
- Three to four works in contrasting tempo and style
- Repertoire examples include but are not limited to: works by Bach/Handel/Scarlatti, Chopin Nocturne/ Impromptu/Preludes, the first movement of a Mozart or Haydn Sonata, Gershwin Preludes, works by Margaret Bonds, Copland, or Florence Price.
DMA – Piano Performance
- A full recital program of standard concert repertoire representing three or more stylistic periods
DMA – Collaborative Piano
- Solo work, ex: Chopin Ballade, complete Beethoven Sonata
- An instrumental duo sonata, ex: Spring Sonata, Faure Sonata
- A complete song cycle, ex: Dichterliebe
- A concert aria or major aria from an opera
- Transposition at sight