The Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music student body welcomes music students from countries from around the world. These students bring immense talent, help to foster diversity in the university community, and inspire a global appreciation of music. If you are an International student who is interested in pursuing musical study at the UofM, you can expect that our faculty and staff are ready to support you in your educational pursuits, and are available to assist you in your journey to becoming a student.
The Center for International Educational Services
While the School of Music’s Admissions team can assist with the music admissions application and audition process, the Center for International Educational Services is the best place to start for information, instructions and advisors who can assist you with the international admissions process for the University-at-large.
How to Apply - International Students
Prospective international music students must take the following steps to get started:
STEP 1 - Apply to the University of Memphis
- Application for Admission
- Application Requirements Undergraduate
- Application Requirements Graduate
- Application Deadlines
STEP 2 - Apply to the School of Music
STEP 3 - Submit your Enrollment Deposit
STEP 4 - Complete an I-20
- Students who are interested in the F-1 visa or in continuing F-1 status when shifting in from another U.S. school will need to obtain a University of Memphis form I-20.
- Undergraduate I-20 Application
- Graduate I-20 Application
- Please contact the Center for International Educational Services office at email@example.com for further information.