The Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music strives to inspire learners of every age to develop and nurture their love of music. We offer a variety of programs year-round, from small group lessons and weekend festivals to residential summer camps.There is a place for every kind of music lover at the University of Memphis.
Our goal is to serve our community with high-quality instruction and performance opportunities for musicians of all ages and to grow an appreciation and enthusiasm for the musical arts in the region.
When you register for classes or festivals, participants also gain access to benefits, including:
- Performance opportunities outside school and studios
- Collaboration with fellow musicians across the region
- Opportunity to study with acclaimed guest artists and music faculty
- Access complimentary tickets to various School of Music performances
- Invitations to masterclasses and lectures
- Connection with the School of Music to ensures that students focus on the appropriate
material for their audition should they pursue a degree at the UofM.
June 19-23, 2023
Modern times expect art leaders to fulfill various demanding roles – Artist. Motivator. Educator. Innovator. Community engager. Fundraiser. Influencer. Change-maker. Team builder. To succeed, arts leaders and their teams must demonstrate excellent communication, collaboration, and strategic thinking while navigating their organizations' and communities' hierarchical systems and policies.
Through the Arts Leadership Summit, those in arts leadership positions and their team members can gain knowledge and new perspectives that provide a shared understanding of sophisticated management skills, strategic thinking, and inclusive, forward-thinking leadership that can elevate your team performance and broaden your organizational impact.