Master of Science in Instruction and Curriculum Leadership - School Library Information Specialist
Go Beyond the Stacks - Land Your Dream Job as Leader of Inquiry
The School Library Information Specialist (SLIS) is an emphasis area within the ICL
M.S. Instruction and Curriculum concentration; this program of study leads to the
TN Dept. of Education Library Information Specialist pre-K-12 endorsement (473).
- Bachelor's degree (in any area) required for admission.
- 30 credit hours (including 9 core courses) and practicum are required to earn the Master of Science degree.
- If you are not certified as a teacher, 2 additional MAT courses are required. Additionally, you must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program (TEP).
- If a student already has a Master's degree and is a licensed teacher, only 6 courses
for SLIS endorsement are required, plus successful completion of the required Advanced
- To complete the ICL Master of Science (MS) degree, three additional courses are required.
The program is designed for those people who seek to become school library information/media specialists. The program may or may not be acceptable for public or other library positions. Please contact us if you have any questions!