GSA Travel Funding
*** Due to the university's COVID-19 guidelines student travel funding has been suspended until further notice. However, we are still encouraging students to apply for funding for virtual events.
GSA travel funds are awarded as a reimbursement after the travel is completed.
The application for travel is open July to June each fiscal year and all applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the priority deadlines each term for the highest chance of funding. Students may be reimbursed for one travel event up to $500 annually. Please note - funds are limited and funding will be prioritized for students who are presenters.
- Fall 2021 deadline: TBA
- Spring 2022 deadline: TBA
Applying for Funding
Please send ALL materials listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline
Please note before beginning this application that you will need the following:
- A recommendation letter from your advisor
- Conference screenshot that shows conference name and travel dates
- A completed reimbursement request (Reimbursement Request Example | Blank Reimbursement Request Form) Note: the form requires estimated travel expenses using CONAS, which is linked on the application form)
- Conference goal/learning outcome survey
- Student U number(s) and the address where a reimbursement check should be mailed
Contact GSA Travel