GSA Travel Funding
*** Due to the university's COVID-19 guidelines student travel funding has been suspended until further notice. However, we are still encouraging students to apply for funding for virtual events. If you have any questions about your event, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSA travel funds are awarded as a reimbursement after the travel is completed.
The application for travel is open July to June each fiscal year and students may apply as early as they like, however, all applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the priority deadlines each term and must comply with the timelines referenced in the GSA Travel Procedures and Guidelines. Travel priority deadlines are established each Academic year. Students who submit travel requests by the priority deadlines are more likely to receive greater funding.
Please note - funds are limited and no applicant is guaranteed funding. Once all funds for a specific term are awarded, the application will close. Funds are awarded based on the applicants' ability to meet the standards outlined in the selection rubric.
- Fall 2020: September 15, 2020
- Spring 2020 deadline: February 10, 2021
- Summer 2021: TBA
Applying for Funding
Apply online via Tiger Zone.
Please note before beginning this application that you will need the following:
- A letter from your advisor
- Conference goal/learning outcome
- Conference Name
- Conference Dates
- Travel/Lodging/Registration expenses
- Student Unumber(s) and address where check should be mailed.
- Account/Administrator Information from any other department awarding you travel funds
- A screenshot of the conference homepage that lists the conference dates and hotel
Contact GSA Travel for inquiries about Graduate, Lambuth and Law School related travel.