Don't let those techy-glitches get you down.
Technical Support is just a given in today's world. The more we rely on technology in our daily lives, the more likely we are going to run into techy-glitches. Our ITS Service Desk provides 24/7 technical support to the University's community. You can reach us at:
- 901.678.8888—Technical Support by phone everyday 8:00 am – midnight (excluding some holidays)
- Technology Hub located in UC 265 is open for use 24/7
- McWherter Lab located on the first floor of the McWherter Library (open during library hours)
- Lambuth Lab located in Wilder Student Union Room 006
In addition, the ITS Service Desk provides chat and walk-in assistance Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm in Administration Building 100.
Change in Service Desk Hours
ITS has implemented a change in its Service Desk Call Center availability. The ITS Service Desk is now available from 8 a.m. to midnight seven days a week, excluding some holidays. Incoming calls after hours will be handled by voicemail. If you require assistance after midnight, leave a message or submit a service request online. Messages will be checked daily and receive priority response the following business day. Thank you for your attention to this announcement and for your cooperation.
The Daylight Experience is Here!
eCourseware now has a new look and feel. The Daylight user layout in eCourseware makes it easy to navigate courses. From the look and feel to how users interact with eCourseware, Daylight helps ensure the best possible experience. The process should be simpler—whether it’s a faculty member creating a quiz or a student uploading an assignment. Its design, which features new fonts, layout and color scheme, invites users to dive right into their eCourseware experience. It is accessible to those using assistive technologies.
Important Announcement: Change in Password Reset Process
To enhance password security and protect University data, ITS will implement a change in its Password Reset service. Effective immediately, the ITS Service Desk (Tier 1) will no longer, administratively, change passwords. All UofM affiliates (faculty, staff, students, alumni, former students, etc.) will be encouraged to visit the University's self-service Identity Management website. Here, you can initialize your account. You can also: reset your password, retrieve your UUID, and answer your security questions to regain access to your account.
In addition, remember these important tips to ensure your data is secure:
• Never share your password with anyone. This includes a UofM employee, friend, or relative.
• Beware of phishing emails that attempt to lure you to malicious websites.
• Watch for email notifications about your password changing. If you did not change your password, please contact the Service Desk immediately.
• Never respond to an email request for your username and password or any other request to "verify" your account.
For more information about IT security, please visit the ITS security website.
Note: If you have recently changed your password and are having trouble connecting, you may need to forget the network and re-associate your device with the campus network.