School Social Work Graduate Certificate

The UofM school social worker certification program was designed for current MSW students or MSW graduates to obtain licensure as School Social Workers. Students seeking licensure in the State of Tennessee should contact the School of Social Work about specific state requirements including test scores. Students seeking licensure in other states should contact that state for specific certification requirements before selecting courses. The program requires twelve semester hours. 

The requirements are as follows:

●      SWRK 6937: School Social Work

●      One of the following two courses: SPED 7000: Intro to Exceptional Learners or SWRK 7517: Functional Behavioral Assessment

●      Completion of 6 semester hours in an approved school social work setting of SWRK 7051-52 OR SWRK 7053-54 OR ELC 7115.

 Many educational programs offered by the University of Memphis lead to professional licensure within the State of Tennessee and in other states. Students should be aware that licensure and certification requirements vary from state to state and are subject to change. Licensing agencies or boards also may have requirements in addition to an earned degree.

The University of Memphis has not made a determination whether University of Memphis’s programs will meet all of the licensure and social work certification requirements in each US state or territory. The University of Memphis recommends that students who are not Tennessee residents or who plan to seek licensure or certification outside the state of Tennessee contact the appropriate licensing agency or board prior to enrollment in an academic program designed to lead to licensure or certification and discuss their plans with an advisor.

About the School Social Work Certification  program at University of Memphis Global

UofM Global graduate programs, including the school social worker certification, are designed to fit the schedules of working adults. Complete your school social work graduate certificate  online, when and where it makes sense for you.  

Advance your social work career and make a bigger difference in the lives of the people you work with by earning a certificate in social work from the University of Memphis. Contact us today! 

Learn more about the School Social Work Graduate Certificate today: