The Registrar's Office oversees registration at the University and is your chief point of contact for questions concerning registration information, including procedures, dates, problems, and assistance.
- Location: 003 Wilder Tower (basement)
- Phone: 901.678.2810
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Main Website: www.memphis.edu/registrar/
Before Registration Opens
Dates - Check the semester's Dates & Deadlines calendar to determine registration and term dates, including your first day to register.
Registration Status - Check your Registration Status screen in the portal (Student page). Look in particular at:
- Holds - You cannot register if you have any Registration holds. Contact the office that placed the hold to determine how you can remove it. .
- Student Status messages - You must be a current student with an Active status for the term. If you see these messages--"you have no registration time ticket," "you require readmission," "your status prevents registration,"--you must apply for admission or readmission before registering. (NOTE: When you skip a Fall or Spring term, your status changes to "Inactive" and you must be readmitted.)
Advising - Since you are a degree-seeking student, you must be cleared to register by your advisor or (advising unit). You will work with your advisor to determine what courses you are to register for. Your advisor will give you the CRNs (Course Record Numbers) for these courses; these CRNs are what you need to enter when registration opens.
Once Registration Opens
Login and Register - Register online through the myMemphis portal. Once in the portal, look for the Registration Tools portlet on your Student page. Select the Add or Drop Classes screen, enter the course CRNs that your advisor has given to you, and then click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen once you have entered your CRNs. If you encounter problems trying to register, contact our office.
Pay - Pay your fees online (select your Account$ page in the portal) after you have registered.