MHA Executive Track Online
The University of Memphis Master of Health Administration (MHA) program is a nationally-ranked program with an award-winning emphasis on leadership and professional development. For 28 years, the Memphis MHA Program continues to prepare healthcare leaders, now boasting over 450 alumni currently working in 35 states and internationally. The U of M MHA Program is Tennessee's only CAHME-accredited MHA program. Small class sizes and a 6:1 student-to-faculty ratio assure an environment of personalized professional development that equips our students with the competencies and skills needed to thrive as healthcare leaders in an increasingly complex workplace.
The 45-credit hour on-campus track can be completed full-time in two academic years (21 months) or part-time in as few as three years. Evening classes accommodate both full- and part-time students. Most of our full-time students are placed in paid, 20 hour per week administrative residencies with healthcare organizations across the Memphis area for experiential learning outside the classroom. In addition to our administrative residencies and our CAHME accredited curriculum, the cornerstone of our award-winning approach to leadership development is our “Day One” program, which includes a team development wilderness retreat prior to entering the program and a series of seminars that address core professional competencies such as interviewing, resume design, networking, dining etiquette, dressing for success, and presentation/advocacy skills. Many of our students receive a significant number of nationally-competitive post-graduate fellowships. Our students also find post-graduate career opportunities through their administrative residency experiences. Importantly, for the past three years, the Memphis MHA program has a 98% 90-day job placement rate. With among the most affordable tuition rates and lowest costs of living in the country, the University of Memphis MHA program is an exceptional educational opportunity.
The MHA program, located in the University of Memphis CEPH-accredited School of Public Health, is a full graduate member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA), and belongs to ACHE's Higher Education Network (HEN).
Learn. Lead. Care.
The mission of the University of Memphis MHA Program is to provide a high-quality educational experience that will, through both on-campus and executive tracks, prepare students for success in a variety of healthcare institutions. View Mission, Vision, and Values >
Job Placement Rate
- A bachelor's degree is required for admission with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Five (5) years of relevant health care management or clinical experience
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (750-1000 words)
- International students:
- Transcripts from degrees obtained outside of the United States must be evaluated by WES or by any members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Test of English proficiency scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English (minimum scores)
- June 1
- The online MHA track may, at its discretion, review applications received before and until June 1 of each admissions cycle. Admission to the Memphis online MHA track is increasingly competitive each year. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to help assure their application is reviewed in a timely manner.
- The structured curriculum reflects the competencies and skills identified as part of the nationally-ranked, residential UofM MHA program.
- 45 Credit Hours Required with a 3.0 GPA
- 42 hours of core courses
- 3 hours of Experiential Learning Credit (ELC)
Graduate students must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA (“B”). Grades of “D” and “F” will not apply toward any graduate degree, but will be computed in the GPA. No more than 7 hours of “C-,” “C” or “C+” will be applied towards meeting degree requirements.
For frequently asked questions about the MHA program, please visit our MHA FAQ.
Shirl Sharpe, MS