These innovative initiatives challenge youth to conceptualize out-of-box solutions for the public health challenges of the 21st century.
These initiatives also bring together youths’ ideas on how today’s problems in public health can be addressed across diverse local and global settings. As we connect youth locally, nationally and globally, we are beginning to embark on solving public health challenges on a greater scale.
The initiatives will be planned around important public health themes impacting the health and well-being of individuals, their families and the communities they live in across local, national and global settings.
Establish REAIM Public Health IDEAS Club at High Schools
- Educate high school youth about the significance of public health in enhancing good health and well-being.
- Create an opportunity for dual enrollment at the University of Memphis School of Public Health
- Prepare high school students with the skills to adapt, be resilient and have empathy when dealing with the many public health challenges of the 21stcentury.
- Organize public health campaigns with the goal of developing good health and well-being for individuals, families and communities.
- Advance public health careers through curriculum innovation and pipeline programs in public health.
- Become part of the public health workforce by acquiring skills through academic excellence, experiential learning and community engagement.
Who can participate?
High school students from grades 9 through 12 with an interest in solving public health challenges of the 21st century.
How many times a year will these initiatives happen?
The initiatives will be held approximately 3 times a year within 4 month periods:
- August to November
- December to March
- April to July
Individuals can submit their ideas based on the guidelines and will be asked to propose innovative solutions to address emerging public health challenges of the 21st century. The ideas proposed should be Creative, Research oriented, Entrepreneurial, Accessible, Transformative and Effective (CREATE).
Why should one participate?
|Allow||Allow participants to achieve the aforementioned goals.|
|Turn||Turn ideas into reality.|
|Solve||Solve public health problems through innovative and sustainable solutions.|
|Contribute||Contribute towards the improvement of good health and well-being on a larger scale.|
|Become||Become champions of public health change.|
By becoming a public health champion of change, participating in this initiative will serve as an excellent opportunity to get your ideas recognized and highlighted as potential solutions to the growing public health challenges our world faces. The winning public health ideas will be selected by judges representing multidisciplinary, cross institutional and cross sector teams of researchers, practitioners and policy makers.
REAIM Public Health Infodemics
Among Youth in a Digital Environment
REAIM Public Health Ideas
Through the Lens of the Youth
Countries participating in REAIM Public Health Initiatives