UofM Board of Trustees Holds Inaugural Meeting
March 17, 2017 - During its first meeting, the University of Memphis Board of Trustees elected Alan Graf as Chair, Brad Martin as Vice Chair and University Counsel Melanie Murry as acting Board Secretary. Cato Johnson was named to the Executive Committee.
In other action, the Board:
• Adopted bylaws;
• Voted to allow the Student Government Association to develop a Student Trustee selection process;
• Adopted policies regarding conflict of interest and Board committees;
• Adopted committee structure and charters, including the Academic, Research and Student Success Committee; the Governance and Finance Committee; and Audit Committee;
• Made tenure and promotion recommendations for faculty members;
• Approved proposals for the DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) and PhD in Nursing, which will be submitted to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission for approval;
• Authorized President M. David Rudd to sign letters of intent and finalize alternate financing for the Tiger football indoor practice facility; and
• Delegated authority to President Rudd for day-to-day operations, management and control of the University; make necessary expenditures and personnel hires; and establish policies and procedures for education programs and other operations of the University.
The next Board of Trustees meeting will be June 6 on the UofM campus.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact: Gabrielle Maxey