You can find instructions on how to complete the most frequently used tasks involving your financial aid on our Step-by-Step page.
If you still require assistance, please submit an TigerHelp Request by clicking the Contact Us link below. If you have already emailed or submitted a TigerHelp Request, please do not submit another request as we will respond as soon as we are able.
A college education is an investment in your future, and the first step to making your dreams happen is to understand how to finance your education. We know the cost of a college education and available financial assistance are crucial considerations when selecting a college. We are here to make sure you have the answers you need.
Summer Financial Aid Information
For information on the summer financial aid process, please visit our Summer Aid page. At this time, we plan to begin reviewing summer aid eligibility for students who have registered for summer courses sometime in mid-April. We will update this timeline as we have more specific information.
Complete the FAFSA
The Student Financial Aid Office administers federal, state and institutional aid programs to qualified students. In order to apply for any federal aid for college, you must first fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is used by the federal government, state aid agencies, and institutions to determine your eligibility for many types of aid including grants, loans and even scholarships. You need to file a FAFSA each year you wish to receive aid.
- 003509 is the school code for the University of Memphis -
Check Out Our Me + Memphis Financial Aid Guide
This resource is full of all the answers you need to understand the different ways to fund your college education.
|FAFSA Year||Semesters Covered||Priority Deadline||TSAA Priority Deadline|
|2021-2022 FAFSA||Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022||March 1, 2021||February 1, 2021|
|2020-2021 FAFSA||Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021||March 1, 2020||February 1, 2020|
- Apply for an FSA ID (required to complete the FAFSA)
- Watch a quick tutorial on how to apply for an FSA ID
- Complete the FAFSA
- View IRS Data Retrieval Tool Status
- Without the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, students can still complete the FAFSA. However, students selected for verification will be required to request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS at Get Transcript tool.
- Submit Documents - Students must also submit any other required documents in order to complete the financial aid application prior to being awarded. Requirements are posted on myMemphis. Visit our Step-by-Step page for detailed instructions on how to check on your status and determine if you have missing requirements.
Important News and Financial Aid Updates
For updated information regarding how COVID-19 may impact your financial aid, please visit our COVID-19 Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions.
For updated information regarding COVID-19 and University operations, please visit memphis.edu/coronavirusupdates.
Register for our Financial Wellness Course. It's designed to enhance student financial knowledge and highlight financial behaviors.
Student Employment News
For updates, visit our Student Employment page.
Course Program of Study (CPOS)
Course Program of Study (CPOS) consists of the courses used to complete an approved and declared degree program (including declared minors). To be counted toward a student's Federal Financial Aid eligibility, a course must count toward the completion of the declared program of study. The University of Memphis implemented CPOS beginning with the Spring 2019 semester and all future terms. Additional information is available on our Course Program of Study FAQ page.
How to Accept/Decline Your Award Offer(s)
- Log on to your myMemphis account
- Click on the Student Pages tab and then click My Finances
- Scroll down, then click on the Financial Aid Awards link
- NOTE: If you do not have this link/"channel", call the ITS Service Desk at 901-678-8888.
- Select the appropriate aid year (Aid Year 2020-2021), then Submit
- Read the information under the General Information tab (note that the Accept Award Offer tab is not yet activated)
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab, then scroll down to 'Accept' (the Terms and Conditions)
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab, then scroll down
- Click on the drop down box next to your award OFFER and select an option.
Sign up online NOW for eRefunds to receive excess financial aid and fee refunds.
|Contact Us:||Financial Aid Office||Phone: 901.678.4825|
|103 Wilder Tower||Fax: 901.678.3590|
|Memphis, TN 38152-3520||Online: Contact Us|
Office hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm