A college education is an investment in your future, and the first step to making your dreams happen is to understand how to finance your education. We know the cost of a college education and available financial assistance are crucial considerations when selecting a college. We are here to make sure you have the answers you need.
You can find instructions on how to complete the most frequently used tasks involving your financial aid on our Step-by-Step page.
If you still require assistance, please submit an TigerHelp Request by clicking the Contact Us link below. If you have already emailed or submitted a TigerHelp Request, please do not submit another request as we will respond as soon as we are able.
Complete the FAFSA
The Student Financial Aid Office administers federal, state and institutional aid programs to qualified students. In order to apply for any federal aid for college, you must first fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is used by the federal government, state aid agencies, and institutions to determine your eligibility for many types of aid including grants, loans and even scholarships. You need to file a FAFSA each year you wish to receive aid.
003509 is the school code for the University of Memphis
2023-2024 FAFSA (Fall 2023, Spring 2024, & Summer 2024)
Available October 1, 2022
Priority Deadline - March 1, 2023
TSAA Priority Deadline - February 1, 2023
**ALERT** 2024-2025 FAFSA (Fall 2024, Spring 2025, & Summer 2025)
Available December 2023
FAFSA Simplification - To help students, faculty, and staff navigate significant changes by the U.S. Department of Education to the FAFSA application for the 2024-2025 academic year, visit the our FAFSA Simplification page.
Check Out Our Me + Memphis Financial Aid Guide
- Apply for an FSA ID (required to complete the FAFSA)
- Watch a quick tutorial on how to apply for an FSA ID
- Complete the FAFSA
- View IRS Data Retrieval Tool Status
- Without the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, students can still complete the FAFSA. However, students selected for verification will be required to request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS at Get Transcript tool.
- Submit Documents - Students must also submit any other required documents in order to complete the financial aid application prior to being awarded. Requirements are posted on myMemphis. Visit our Step-by-Step page for detailed instructions on how to check on your status and determine if you have missing requirements.
How to Accept/Decline Award Offer(s)
- Log on to your myMemphis account.
- Click on the Student Pages tab and then click My Finances.
- Under the Financial Aid Awards section, click on the Financial Aid Awards link. NOTE: If you don't have this link/"channel," call the ITS Service Desk at 901-678-8888.
- Select the appropriate aid year and then click Submit
- 24-25 (applies to Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025)
- 23-24 (applies to Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024)
- Read the information under the General Information tab (note that the Accept Award Offer tab is not yet activated).
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab, then scroll down to Accept (the Terms and Conditions).
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab, then scroll down to review your award offers.
- Click on the drop down box next to your award offer(s) and select an option. NOTE: Some award offers may not have an option to accept. This can include Pell Grants, estimated awards, or awards that have already been accepted.
Sign up online NOW for eRefunds to receive excess financial aid and fee refunds.
Register for our Financial Wellness Course. It's designed to enhance student financial knowledge and highlight financial behaviors.
For information, visit the Student Employment page.
Course Program of Study (CPOS)
Course Program of Study (CPOS) consists of the courses used to complete an approved and declared degree program (including declared minors). To be counted toward a student's Federal Financial Aid eligibility, a course must count toward the completion of the declared program of study. The University of Memphis implemented CPOS beginning with the Spring 2019 semester and all future terms. Additional information is available on our Course Program of Study FAQ page.
Online: Contact Us (Submit a TigerHelp Request)
Student Financial Aid Office
103 Wilder Tower
Memphis, TN 38152-3520
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm