Update on Covid-Related Policies
Beginning June 1, the following policies will be in effect:
- Health screening is no longer be required, except for employees.
- Reservations are no longer required before working out.
- We no longer close for 15 minutes each hour between defined workout times.
- We have now begun allowing the use of locker rooms and individual showers (using every other shower stall to maintain social distancing).
- Two players may now play on each basketball goal, rather than only one.
- Tennis courts are now available. They may be used by making a reservation at cris.memphis.edu.
- New capacities will be allowed as follows:
- Machine Weights, 25
- Fitness Gym, 30
- Basketball Gym, 8
- Cardio Room, 20
- Group Fitness Studio, 20
- Total Rec Center Capacity, 103
The following existing policies will remain in place:
- Six-foot social distancing is required in all areas, with area capacities based on this standard
- Masks must be worn at all times in facility
Spring access for students ended Fri., May 7. To access facility beyond that date, students will need to purchase $45 Summer Pass at the Bursar's Office (cash or check only-no credit cards).
- Monday and Wednesday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
The following policies and procedures are in place to ensure our guests' and employees' safety during the Covid 19 pandemic:
- Masks are required at all times when in building and while working out.
- Touchless, self-scan entry system has been implemented.
- Students and members may not bring guests.
- Some areas are closed, including intramural fields, equipment desk, pools, sauna, whirlpool, and steam room.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is required throughout building.
- Workout areas have limited occupancy.
- Basketball gym is limited to six participants, with a maximum of two players at each goal. Failure to comply may result in loss of usage privileges.
Online Fitness and Wellness Resources
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are offering a wide array of online resources to help our students and members with their fitness and wellness. These resources include: